Tea House Theatre Experience is specially designed to introduce new audiences to Chinese traditional theatre. The 90-minute performance, presented by Xiqu Centre’s very own Tea House Rising Stars Troupe, showcases a selection of short excerpts demonstrating a range of vocal and music styles. It also includes narration by an expert moderator to help newcomers gain insight into the history of the art form.
To recreate the warm, authentic atmosphere of Hong Kong’s early 20th century tea houses, audiences are served traditional tea and dim sum during the performance – a delicious way to learn about the heritage of Chinese traditional theatre.
Programmes run from Wednesday to Sunday every week.
Nanyin (Cantonese Narrative Singing)
Wind and Percussion Music
Cantonese Opera Songs (Selection)
Cantonese Opera Excerpt Performance
Music Ensemble Performance
Date and time:
Wednesday to Sunday: 7:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: 3:00pm
(Except 22 May to 31 May 2019)
Tea House Theatre, Xiqu Centre
Performed and narrated in Cantonese with Chinese and English surtitles
Tickets (Price includes performance, tea and dim sum):
Standard $368, $318
Half-price $184, $159 (senior citizens aged 60 or above, people with disabilities and a companion, CSSA recipients, and full-time students aged 6 or above, according to availability)
Vegetarian dim sum options are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (852) 2200 0022 at least three days before the show and provide your ticket details to make your request.
- Family Package: $720 for 4 tickets (2 standard, $318 category; 2 half-price, $159 category only).
- Above discount offers are not valid in conjunction with other promotional offers.
- All discount offers are available on a first come, first served basis according to availability.
- All promotions are subject to relevant terms and conditions.
- From May 2019, this event has numbered seating.
More details see the link here.