For bookings made via third party booking sites, please refer to their respective cancellation policies.
For bookings made directly from themahjonghk.com, our cancellation policy is as follows:
A 100% refund is available to any bookings cancelled more than 3 days in advance of the check-in date. For example, a booking with check-in date of January 25 is fully refundable if cancelled on or before January 21.
Any cancellation received 3 days or less in advance of the check-in date will NOT be refundable.
Groups (8 or more guests)
A 100% refund is available to any bookings cancelled more than 14 days in advance of the check-in date. For example, a group booking with check-in date of January 25 is fully refundable if cancelled on or before January 10.
A 50% refund is available to any bookings cancelled 14 days or less in advance of the check-in date (and more than 7 days in advance of the check-in date). For example, a group booking with check-in date of January 25 is 50% refundable if cancelled between January 11 and January 17, both dates inclusive.
Cancellations made 7 Days or less in advance of the check-in date will NOT be refundable.
Any cancellation must be made to us by email and confirmed/acknowledged by us. Please note we cannot accept cancellation by phone or fax.
1. The person named as guest in this booking must be present at check-in, you are not allowed to check-in under someone else’s name.
2. Please note that our ‘Deluxe Queen Pod’ has one Queen bunk bed and sleeps up to 2 people, if two guests are sharing this Pod, this must be clearly identified at Check In and both guests fully registered. No unregistered guests or visitors are allowed within any dormitory room at any time.
3. Check in is from 3pm and Check out is from 11am daily, if you require any special arrangements in regards to this, you must communicate with The Mahjong by email in advance and have receipt of a confirmation email acknowledging this request.
4. Any outstanding payment is due upon arrival by cash (HKD, RMB or USD only) or credit card.
5. There is a HKD 100 keycard and towel deposit collected at check in, this must be paid in cash and will be returned to you in full on check out, after return of the two items.
6. The Mahjong and all its rooms including its internal garden are non-smoking.
7. The Mahjong caters specifically to travellers to foster cultural exchange. As such, we cannot accept local overnight guests, or foreigners without a recent valid Hong Kong entry stamp.
8. In case of any dispute, the decision of The Mahjong shall be final and conclusive.